Sunday, April 25, 2010

Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary

On Saturday we went down to the Corkscrew Swamp in Naples and walked the 2.25 mile boardwalk. It was a beautiful walk with thankfully a lot of shade. We saw some gators, a snake, a whitetail doe with her fawn and lots of beautiful Cypress trees. After quite a while of looking, we finally started spotting some orchids and were even fortunate to spot a ghost orchid as we stopped to let some people pass us. The walk was great but I was so hungry by the end of the trail that I started getting shaking and was ready to get back to the apples and granola bars that we had left in the car.




I took another picture of the two of us and I was holding up four fingers(for four months prego) but Pete asked me to erase it as he said it looked like I was flashing a gang sign.











No comments:

Post a Comment