Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blake Woody Fox

Our little man joined our family Thursday, February 9th, 2012 at 10:22 am. He is perfect and precious in every way and looks just like a little boy. In our opinion, Blake looks nothing like his big sister except they share a very unique dimple in their chin; although, Blake's is a little less dimply than Taylor's.
On Wednesday, I went in for my 39 week check up and Dr. Shah informed me that I was 4 cm and 80% effaced. Because he was going to be going out of town the next afternoon, he gave me the option of going to the hospital that night to have my water broken, which would in turn, start my labor. When I got home, Pete and I discussed the positives and negatives of having Dr. Shah deliver the baby or waiting to see when the baby would come on his own. We finally decided that we would indeed, prefer Dr. Shah to be the one who delivered the baby. We called our parents and told them that we would either be going to the hospital that night, or in the morning. Don and Delores drove over that night, and we decided to go in the morning so that we could get a good nights sleep before delivering a baby and all that goes with it. It was such a blessing to have Don and Delores with Tay, in our home, knowing that she was being loved and well taken care of, put our minds at ease and allowed us to concentrate on the new baby. Pete and I got to Health Park around 5:45 am, Dr. Shah broke my water at 6:45 and contractions started immediately. By 10:15 I was ready to start pushing, and at 10:22, Blake had arrived! Some friends watched Taylor so that Don and Delores could come to the hospital and my parents arrived about a half hour after Blake was born.
We cannot believe how the Lord continues to bless us day after day. When I consider the miracle of pregnancy, labor, deliver and then the life of a perfect baby, it brings me to my knees in overwhelming Thankfulness. God's love is amazing!!

Waiting to be taken up to the labor and delivery room

Pete anxiously waiting the birth of his new son
Meeting Blake

7 lbs. 9 oz

Dr. Shah

Don an d Delores with their 4th grandson

Pep with her 1st grandson, my dad was there too, but he was busy taking pictures

Our handsome Blake






Taylor giving her new brother a kiss

Saying "Hi" to Blake

First ride

3 comments:

  1. Grace and Pete, he is absolutely PRECIOUS!! I only have one concern....which of the twins gets to marry him?? We love you and can't wait to meet Mr. Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Allie might steal his heart! You never know! He is perfect and I love him and can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Grace! I am so excited for you…he is PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete