Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Introducing...Riley Lauren Fox

Our sweet little Riley was born on Wednesday, May 15, at 9:30 in the evening. She weighed 7.0 lbs. and was 20 inches long. She had light hair that looked liked Blake's and ruby red lips. She was a perfect surprise to add another little princess to our family.
Pete and I went in for my 39th week appointment with the idea that Dr. Shah might suggest we induce that day. Sure enough, I was 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced and Dr. Shah said there was no reason to wait. We came home, discussed it with each other, and Don and Delores (who had come up on Sunday to help us prepare for the new baby) and decided to go ahead and go in. We gathered our things, took some last minute pictures and then headed to the hospital. On the way over I started having more contractions and by the time they put the monitors on me they had increased even more. When Shah checked me a hour later I was one more cm dilated and did not need Pitocin. My mom got to the hospital about 3 hours after we called her, and little Riley arrived about an hour later.
For the third time, the Lord was gracious and merciful to us, allowing me to have quick and uncomplicated deliveries. Pete and I are so blessed to have had Dr. Shah as our OB for all of my pregnancies and to be there for all three deliveries. His knowledge and experience were such a comfort throughout the entire process. We praise the Lord for our three precious children and pray daily for their salvation and wisdom to raise them to know His love.
One last picture as we load up for the hospital
































No comments:

Post a Comment