Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Nursery

We have finally started working on the baby's room. One of my student's mother told me that she had two cribs that we were welcome to borrow. Pete and I went by her house on Wednesday to pick up the crib and she also ended up having a changing table as well. We came home that night and set up the crib because we were both so excited. The drawer needed to be fixed so the next day Pete fixed it, assembled the changing table and bought a plant for the room. When I came home it all looked so sweet. On Thursday Pete told me he was working on a surprise for me in the room and I was not allowed to see inside. Friday when I got home he allowed me in the room warning that it was not at all finished but that he wanted my opinion. He had re-cased the window, made a window sill, and put up wainscoting throughout the room. Everything looked amazing and I can't wait to see it all finished. This morning he started to install the fan and is planning on mounting the fan and finishing the painting this afternoon.
This window had a very ugly marble sill, and now it has a large beautiful wood sill.


This is what the wainscoting looked like before painting.

This is what it will look like after he has finished painting the bottom half white.

Right now the room is a mess, but by the end of the weekend it should look fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment