Sunday, August 15, 2010

31 Weeks

Two weeks ago I had to get a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. When I went for my appt. on Wednesday Dr. Shah told me that my levels were 134 when they should have been below 130. I had a small cry in the car on the way home and then made my appt. at the lab for a three hour glucose tolerance test for the next day. When I got to the lab at 9:30 they informed me that I would have to stay there for the entire three hours and that they would be drawing my blood every hour. I was initially a little annoyed that I was going to have to wait in the lab for the entire morning but as I was walking back to the waiting room after my first blood draw, the nurse told me I could wait in one of the rooms if I wanted to. In this small room was a huge overstuffed leather recliner. I very comfortably sat in the private room and read my book for the remaining three hours only to be interrupted for a drawing. It was actually a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. I will hopefully be able to fine out the results tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. you look beautiful!!!! have a ton of fun at your shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace you still don't look seven 1/2 months along. What was the drawing for and did you win. I'm so looking forward to your shower this weekend and to get a visit in with you and Pete. See you Friday. I love you, Rejoice, Mom

    ReplyDelete