Monday, September 20, 2010

School Shower

My amazing friend Maria threw a wonderful shower for me at school. Maria has been thinking and preparing for this shower from almost the moment I told her I was pregnant. She sent out precious invitations, passed around a collection for our stroller, bought little "sweet pea" seed packets that she made into favors, arranged/made food and prepared her room. Many of my sweet friends helped with the food, gave money for our stroller and brought baby Fox a special book. It was a very special time and once again I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of my friends.


Maria bought these invitations way back in March in anticipation of this shower

She added this sweet little poem asking that people bring a book for the baby

My friend Kathy brought flowers for each table and Maria had the sweet pea packets and advice cards at each seat. I thought it was so special that we gave little oak seedlings as favors at our wedding and now for our baby shower the favors were seed packets.

The faculty collected money to buy us our stroller. Pete and I were overwhelmed by the generosity!

All of the delicious food

Kim preparing some mighty tasty punch

Jaime, Kristin, Tara, Jan, Celeste, Kathy, and Kim
Sam, Shelsea, and Kim
Cecilia, Sherri, and Allison
Carla, Ashley, Janet, Donna and Beth
Patty, Sandy, Linda and Karen
So many sweet books and gifts
Maria and Lyn. Lyn is going to be taking over my class when I have the baby and there are no words to express not only by gratitude but also my relief to have her taking care of everything for me. She is not only an incredible friend, but a master teacher.

Maria and me
My lovely friend Jan picked out this whimsical owl for baby Fox and I absolutely love it. I told Jan whether my baby likes it or not this is going to be his/her favorite stuffed animal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment