Monday, May 24, 2010

Halfway There!

We went to the 20 week ultrasound on Monday. The very first picture was a straight on picture of our baby's face and although it was absolutely incredible to see the eye lenses and the nose cavity, it was also absolutely terrifying. I told Pete I was afraid that that image was going to haunt my dreams(is a mom aloud to say that about her own child?). Pete said at one point he got a little queasy and had to look down because he swore he saw an entire mouth of teeth smiling at him. After our initial viewing of the face, we were able to see all of our sweet little baby's parts(minus the boy or girl ones). We saw the heart, the brain, the stomach, the tiny feet (they were crossed) the perfect little hands, and the face. The tech zoomed in on the mouth and you could see the baby sucking, and then he/she put their little thumb up and sucked their thumb. When the tech was measuring the brain, she zoomed out a little and you could see both of the little ears sticking out of it's head, it was so precious. We were not able to bring home any pictures because the printer was down, but we do get to go back in another week for a second ultrasound because she was unable to see all of the spine.

When we got int he car, Pete told me that he had gotten me a "half-way" present. He told me to open the glove box and there inside was a silver wrapped box with beautiful antique earrings. I really do have the most thoughtful husband in the world!





2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet of Pete! And I can't wait to see pics once you go back :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your blog for the first time, wonderful! What a great way to let all us that love you be a part of this blessed event. Looks like you'all are ready, the nursery is beautiful. Have you picked names yet?
    I'm off for Scotland in 3 weeks and this way I can keep up with the three of you.

    ReplyDelete